Services include individual, couples, family and group counselling or therapy sessions. Bryony offers interventions for substance abuse, as well as hypnotherapy, dream work and neurofeedback is coming soon.
Scheduling with Bryony
After a free telephone consultation, most people are ready to make an appointment. I can set these up easily either via telephone, or via text. Appointments are usually available within one week of calling.
Groups are scheduled based on member interest. Currently, I am running dream groups on Mondays.
Scroll down for more information on fees. The bottom line is that each session costs $100. Group sessions cost $50.
I conduct sessions both in person and online. I use both Skype and FaceTime, and have found both to be an effective way to conduct therapy or counselling sessions.
Staying in touch
I am text friendly, and offer this service to clients in between sessions. Of course, if they start to take up too much time, they are billed for an additional session! I don’t think I’ve ever had to do that. Texting is an effective way to stay on track.
Individual, family and group sessions are usually 50 minutes. Occasionally families will want to extend their sessions to 90 minutes. Group sessions are usually 90 minutes in duration.
Benefits of not using insurance for counselling
Benefits of not utilizing insurance for therapy or counselling
- Complete privacy – When insurance is utilized this provides the insurance company, third party review companies, compliance auditors and other interested parties certain rights to limited knowledge to your presence in treatment and your diagnosis
- No future ramifications for
- Job clearance
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- Security clearance
- Travel clearances
- Ability to manage your own treatment – Insurance companies may limit number of visits, length of sessions, amount of reimbursement and only cover certain diagnosis. Even though you believe you are being covered for you mental health needs, should the insurance company determine that your mental need did not fit their determination for length or type of services rendered, you can still be billed due to lack of coverage.
- Most individuals opt to not utilize insurance due to the assuredness that if no paperwork is submitted to insurance and no releases signed to any outside agencies, there is no reason that records should be subpoened nor that anyone should know about nor access your records, your confidentiality is yours to hold. This is particularly important for those with sensative jobs or who simply do not want their job to be aware of their choice to seek personal therapy.
- Therapy is typcially a private matter, sought out for personal betterment or enhancement and is not a matter needed for public disclosure unless the client should chose to do so. Therapy should never be used against a person seeking help. Allowing your therapy to remain private and maintaining the ability to determine fully who is aware that you have entered therapy can fully be your decision if insurance is not involved in the process. Once insurance becomes involved, your diagnosis is added to your health record. When a company reviews your health records for reasons such as health insurance, life insurance, gun control laws, or certain security clearance your right to maintain your privacy fully is limited and your diagnosis may be disclosed to the appropriate agency impacting you. These are a few of the reasons that many professionals choose to receive mental health services without the utilization of their insurance.
Individual, couple and family sessions cost $100 each. Sessions last on average 50 minutes. No shows are charged the full rate. Cancellations made more than 24 hours ahead are free. Cancellations within 24 hours are charged in full unless they can be rescheduled during the same week. Group sessions cost $50 per 90 minute group session.